nanog mailing list archives

Re: EBITDA [was Re: Interconnects]

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 13:13:05 -0400

On Mon, 20 May 2002 12:08:32 EDT, Chris Woodfield said:
Intermedia, for example, was EBITDA positive for all of the time I was working for
them, yet was bleeding approx. $100 million plus in interest payments per year.
This created a very real cash crunch that prompted the sale to Worldcom.

I believe the *original* comment was "If they're EBITDA-negative, they're
*really* screwed without more cash(*)".

--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Computer Systems Senior Engineer

(*) As many dot-bombed discovered when the bubble burst...