nanog mailing list archives

Re: Certification or College degrees?

From: Arnold Nipper <arnold () nipper de>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 09:17:28 +0200

On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 08:33:11AM +0200, M?ns Nilsson wrote:

      (this is actually my first NANOG post ever...)

At the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, Sweden, we have a series
of courses that focus on networking. The starting one can be seen as
"getting the programmer to know IP's quirks", but as we progress, we teach
deeper and deeper into the technicalities of routing, including theory of
routing (discussion of Dijkstra, and similar) and practice; we have a
routing lab where we first make them understand that static routes don't
work and then progress into understanding first OSPF, then BGP.

Nothing is more stable and cuases less pain than static routing. And it
always works. Ofc ourse it doesn't scale very and also doesn't support
alternate paths very well ;-))

--
Arnold Nipper / nIPper consulting          mailto:arnold () nipper de