nanog mailing list archives

Re: SPEWS?

From: "Steven J. Sobol" <sjsobol () JustThe net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 22:07:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 measl () mfn org wrote:

Well if you want to talk about western networks, qwest ranks second just
behind chinanet in terms of black hat and spam.

s/qwest/verio/g

As someone who has recently had the "pleasure" of dealing with some of their
pink sheet clientele...

IME, Verio has been clueless in many ways in the past, but they do have an
abuse desk. It appears that the guy in charge is a white-hat. I have even
met someone who claims to work the Qwest abuse desk, and I haven't been
given any reason not to believe her yet! :) (She even LARTed a spamming
Qwest salesrep for me, which was cool.)

--
Steve Sobol, CTO  JustThe.net LLC, Mentor On The Lake, OH  888.480.4NET
- I do my best work with one of my cockatiels sitting on each shoulder -