nanog mailing list archives

Re: verio arrogance

From: <up () 3 am>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 16:18:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Ralph Doncaster wrote:

And your suggestion has technical deficiencies as well.  I have a leased
line between Toronto and Ottawa, so I want to announce my Ottawa IPs to my
Toronto transit provider as well as an Ottawa transit provider.  And the
reverse for the Toronto IPs.  My understand is trying to punch holes in PA
space is much more difficult than de-aggregating ARIN PI space.

I can't really see why, as long as the provider has punched the
appropriate hole for your aggregate in their filters.  More specific
routes always win out.  Or am I missing your point?

James Smallacombe                     PlantageNet, Inc. CEO and Janitor
up () 3 am                                                          http://3.am