nanog mailing list archives

Re: redundancy [was: something about arrogance]

From: Patrick Evans <pre () PRE ORG>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 00:00:33 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, David Schwartz wrote:

One more just for kicks. Client had a 100Mbps circuit from their sole
provider (100Mbps to colocated router, DS3 from this router to their
premises). The circuit had been in place for several years and the contract
had long since expired. One day, they got a call

Er, what does due diligence mean to you?

(We're waaaay into no-shit-sherlock territory here)

(For the record, I'd consider any operation without an AS number a
startup, and my first project, if network availability were a key
issue, within any organisation would be to a) obtain one and b) make
use of it. YMMV, but some V are more equal then others. Particularly
in the current economic climate.)

--
Patrick Evans, allegedly
Email:  pre () pre org