nanog mailing list archives

Re: Identifying DoS sources quickly (was: Bogon list or Dshield.org type list)

From: Dan Hollis <goemon () anime net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 15:45:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 michael.dillon () radianz com wrote:
The owners of the attacking devices are accessories to the crime
although I'm sure they could plead ignorance and avoid any liability. But
what if they could not plead ignorance? What if we could identify some of
the attacking devices, and what if the victim sent a legal "cease and
desist" letter to the owners of the attacking devices?

I wonder how the new pending RIAA legislation would change things, since
it proposes to totally shield the attackers from criminal penalties.

-Dan
--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]