nanog mailing list archives

RE: CIA Warns of Chinese Plans for Cyber-Attacks on U.S.

From: Bruce Williams <brucewms () pacbell net>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 18:25:16 -0700

How many PC's and components are 'Made in China'?

In the dark ages, I worked for Williams Electronics. We made Arcade Games
*blush*. Once we found our custom chip was reverse engineered in Taiwan, and
they were shipping knockoffs six weeks after we started shipping the real
product.

If true, these are not script kiddie type threats. I hate to say it, but 911
is an example that the unthinkable isn't.

Bruce Williams
"A healthy paranoia is the beginning of sound operations policy"