nanog mailing list archives

Changed Cisco Memory Policy??

From: "Walters" <bwalters () inet-direct com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 06:16:22 -0500

Has anybody else received one of
these emails?  I don't have an issue
related to this, but I am concerned that
this will drive up the costs of maintaining
and improving my infrastructure.

-bradly

Going forward, Cisco no longer recommends
the use in our networking products of memory
products sold by third parties.  Cisco has therefore
discontinued the "Approved Vendor List" we have
maintained in the past.  In the event your company
contacts Cisco with a support issue, and Cisco
determines that the support issue you have reported
is one that arises from your company's use of a third
party memory product, Cisco may, in its discretion,
refuse to provide technical assistance to help
resolve the issue you have identified, whether
such assistance would be provided under a product
warranty or under a support plan such as SmartNet.