nanog mailing list archives

Re: MPLS in metro access networks

From: Dave Siegel <dave () siegelie com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 12:34:37 -0700

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 08:17:30PM -0500, Leo Bicknell reportedly typed:

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 05:27:15PM -0700, Dave Siegel wrote:
That being said, I would love to see some quantifiable data showing the
differences in switching latencies between labels and packets.  %age increase

If there is a difference in latency between MPLS and IP switching
you need to beat your vendor, and/or change vendors.

If there is a difference, I would expect it to be in the order of low,
single-digit microseconds.

--
Dave Siegel
HOME   520-877-2593   dave at siegelie dot com