nanog mailing list archives

Re: Stealth Blocking

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 15:34:48 -0400

On Wed, 23 May 2001 14:36:15 EDT, Robert Sharp said:

And if you use the MAPS list by your choice you are most definetly filtering out email
or traffic for people who are legitimate.  I know I have been filtered before.  MAPS is
using a very large hammer to kill a not so large bug.

Hmm.. you won't configure it correctly. RFC2505 is "Best Current Practice".

You get filtered because you won't configure it correctly.

You say you've been filtered *before* because you won't configure it correctly.

Yes, we *admit* we're using a large hammer.  Bouncing your e-mail didn't
get your attention.  Maybe irate users will get your attention.  But I
am doubting it.
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst