nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cable & Wireless "de-peering"?!?

From: Charles Scott <cscott () gaslightmedia com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 12:44:56 -0400 (EDT)

Altert:
  Pardon my ignorance on this issue, but I read C&W's receint peering
agreement and it seems they are simply trying to define what is a true
"peer". My question is, where is the traditional line that defines who
should be a "peer" and who should be a customer and shouldn't that be open
to re-evaluation as the network evolves. Is it that C&W has "rigged" their
peering agreement with specifics that would de-peer legitimate peers or
are they just trying to protect themselves from an evolutinary change.

Chuck