nanog mailing list archives

Re: Clear Channel on a T1

From: CARL.P.HIRSCH () sargentlundy com
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 12:27:51 -0600

Here's a few more details -
We provision T1.

Salesdroid asks "You wanna give us $$$ for clear channel?"

Us: "..... ?"

Salesdroid: "It's so you can get 64kbit rather than the normal 56k"

Us: "We thought all DS-0s were 64kbit?"

Me: "I know! I'll ask NANOG!"

Here's a document that further obfuscates the matter for me -
http://www.comtest.com/tutorials/t1.html

Anybody care to comment on its relevance in this situation? If I read it
correctly, Clear Channel = Less Capacity. Doesn't sound right.

I believe the carrier in question is AT&T.

thanks for any input you guys might have

-carl

                    owner-nanog-outgoing
                    @merit.edu AT nxmime        To:     CARL P HIRSCH/Sargentlundy,
                                                nanog () merit edu AT nxmime@SNL-ccmail
                    03/22/01 12:12 PM           cc:
                                                Subject:     Clear Channel on a T1

Can anybody give me some info on what exactly "Clear Channel" means in
relation to a DS1 circut?

My gut tells me that it's only relevant with voice Ts...

thanks,
-carl hirsch
network analyst
sargent & lundy llc