nanog mailing list archives

Re: C&W Peering Problem?

From: Christian Nielsen <cnielsen () nielsen net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 08:06:36 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Christopher A. Woodfield wrote:

It wouldn't suprise me if C&W dropped GlobalCenter as a peering
partner, given GC's focus on datacenters and web/server farms
generating mostly "push" traffic - I didn't see this as an explicit
requirement, but less clueful backbones (Genuity, PSI, and now C&W) do
tend to drop peering sessions with other backbones that push far more
traffic than they pull.

BTW, I just noticed that the Exodus/GC merger went through (at least,
www.globalcenter.com brings up Exodus's front page). When did this
happen?

Exodus bought Global Center. The web hosting side of Global Crossing.
Global Center did not have a network. Global Crossing does.

Hope that helps...