nanog mailing list archives

Re: Open Peers at PAIX

From: "Richard A. Steenbergen" <ras () e-gerbil net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 01:42:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 10:38:39PM -0700, Christian Nielsen wrote:

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Pete Ashdown wrote:

It was neither a cheap nor an easy proposition for us to get our
router into PAIX.  In fact, its probably the most expensive bandwidth
I run since the DS3 is way under utilized. The main reason I did it
was to reduce network distance to major peers.  My only wish is that
peering at all exchanges was more open, as it increases their
usefulness.  Finding another peering point where I can get 20+ willing
peers like PAIX is a struggle.

if and when paix links to mae-west-ames, you can get a link to the FDDI
exchange. there is always PBNap and MAE-WEST-ATM (tho I dont know the
costs)

Didn't he say he was trying to increase the quality of his connectivity?
:P

--
Richard A Steenbergen <ras () e-gerbil net>       http://www.e-gerbil.net/ras