nanog mailing list archives

Re: Beer and Gear surprise

From: owen () dixon delong sj ca us (Owen DeLong)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 23:40:45 -0800

I AM a little concerned if this was a decision made by Merit.  Last I knew,
this was a NANOG meeting, not a Merit meeting.  I do not believe that Merit
should be making a decision of this nature without the direct input of the
NANOG membership.  If I missed this in October or November, I apologize.

<fact>
There is no NANOG membership.  There is the NANOG community.  There are no
firm criteria for citizenship in said community, so it would be difficult
to define a voting process in terms of who does or does not get to vote.
</fact>

Owen

---
Opinions in this email are the personal opinions of the author and are not
associated with author's employer.  This email account is a not the regular
email account of the author and is being used for the protection of the
employer.