nanog mailing list archives

Re: trapdoor.merit.edu and other impatient Postfix mailers everywhere (fwd)

From: Gordon Ewasiuk <gewasiuk () gnmc net>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 01:10:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Today, Mitch Halmu wrote:
On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Chris Adams wrote:

Once upon a time, Matt Martini <martini () invision net> said:
I never liked the idea of someone else, with an agenda that I'm sure
doesn't coinside with mine, telling me who I should talk to or not. When
the source code defaulted to using these "services" that's when I bailed on
sendmail.

You must be talking about some other MTA.  Sendmail has never defaulted
to using any of the MAPS (or any other DNS-based) lists.

You don't think DJB has an agenda?

Relevant sendmail source code extracted:

http://www.dotcomeon.com/release_notes.html

Quote: "The default is rbl.maps.vix.com." Never say never again ;)

Make it sttooppppppppppppp.

that server is the default for a feature that isn't even ENABLED by
default and appears to be part of an OPTIONAL m4 that you would have to
MANUALLY add. blah blah blah.

Another line for .procmailrc...*SIGH*

-Gordo

Gordon Ewasiuk, Sun Firefighter, Winstar VHC
O:  703.889.4035  C:  703.731.4828  IM:  wanjunkie
The REAL office number is here----->  703.893.4901
Have you had your Solaris today?

 12:40am  up 19 day(s),  2:17,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.06, 0.09