nanog mailing list archives

Re: Root zone change -- d.gtld-servers.net

From: Thomas Marshall Eubanks <tme () 21rst-century com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 07:00:11 -0400

Nathan Lane wrote:

[Soapbox on]

I have heard this "market speak" and these battles are difficult to
fight, IMHO.  They are all spreading FUD, making middle managers wonder
if Tuvalu is the best domain space since toasters.  Recently, my team
was able to start the process to decom 6000 gtld names.  The moment our
counsel hears of someone reclaims one of those, there will be hell to
pay.

As for US, Manning setup the only sane structure but it met with great
disdain for some reason unknown to me.  Too many dots is all I hear.
Now it goes to the DOC and all those other three letters.  Quite a loss
to the community.

[Soapbox off]

-Nathan Lane

When I last looked into getting a domain in our state.us domain, I heard
bad things about the registrar, and the fees, and the lack of transparency. It
isn't just the dots - it would have really helped to have set up a truly
competitive
registration system for the entire .us space.

Maybe it has changed by now...

                                   Regards
                                   Marshall Eubanks

   T.M. Eubanks