nanog mailing list archives

Re: Anybody patching Sendmail to filter _attachments_?

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 13:56:17 -0400

On Mon, 08 May 2000 09:49:54 PDT, Bill Woodcock <woody () zocalo net>  said:
...as opposed to just by subject line?  We're getting a lot of requests
from customers that we MX for to just throw away either all attachments or
any .vbs visual basic attachments.  Obviously the Sendmail-Inc.-approved
fix is subject-line based, which doesn't take care of that.

Well, I'm not actually working on it at the moment, but Sendmail 8.10.1
ships with a not-very-documented filtering interface.  If you have an 8.10.1
source tree handy, look in 'libmilter/README' for the gory details.

--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst