nanog mailing list archives

RE: Anybody patching Sendmail to filter _attachments_?

From: Bill Woodcock <woody () zocalo net>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 10:25:10 -0700 (PDT)

    > Granted, I am not a sendmail.cf guru, I don't see anyway for
    > sendmail to detect attachement, let alone their names. I only see
    > header stuff as available for tinkering.

That's true...  It's my assumption that any patches out there to do this
would need to hook into the external delivery agent portion of sendmail...
That is, act like a UUCP delivery agent, for example, and then retransmit
out to the user's local mailserver.  One person forwarded me information
about a procmail-based solution.

                                -Bill