nanog mailing list archives

Re: remember the lesson of the sendsys bomb

From: "Alex P. Rudnev" <alex () virgin relcom eu net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 21:59:07 +0300 (MSK)

Real problems are waiting for us yet.

How will you be able to tell?  Some companies have never sent me a correct
bill on the first try the entire time I was a custoemr.  I doubt they will
suddenly be able to send me a correct bill just because its now the year 2000.

There will be small glitches in various systems, but you will never hear
about them because most will be fixed before too many customers notice.
More likely things will get blamed on Y2K which are really dumb operator
errors.
I just showed _you rate is 290%_ example from the credit-card company. You are
right, most companies prefer doin't declare their Y2K _real_ problems, and we
have even some chance to save money due to this _hidden_ incidents. Let's see.

Aleksei Roudnev,
(+1 415) 585-3489 /San Francisco CA/