nanog mailing list archives

Re: CEF Load balancing...

From: "Alex P. Rudnev" <alex () virgin relcom eu net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 12:17:56 +0300 (MSK)

In 2 words: IOS 12 is stable, some it's features are not -:).

It's almost safe to use it, if you can turn off features which cause troubles.
CEF is not trouble-making feature except some configurations.

Btw, you don't need not CEF no 12.x to make load balancing by the 4 lines - it
work fine in all versions, if you use hiddn 'service internal' command and
install short cache time-to-live.