nanog mailing list archives

Re: Shock news - NANOG likely to carry less operational content

From: Chris Josephes <cjoseph () mr net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 13:12:09 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Alex Bligh wrote:

I never received any of those mailings. Never ever.
Are specific people being targeted?

Has anyone virus checked these for worms? I care not, reading
email on UNIX, but I suspect that's the cause of it. Possibly
some innocent(s) on NANOG has an infected Windows machine
that is spewing using an address book built from mails
it has received - & you see more than one source as some
people have now run the program.

FWIW,
I received an email from a Windowz machine spread from a virus a while
back.  The behavior of the virus and the headers of the message suggested
that for every message in the affected user's inbox, the virus would
create a new message with the From: and To: headers transposed, and send
it back to the originator.

So, only people that posted to Nanog would get this from infected
machines.

 Chris Josephes      __/ MRNet/Onvoy   \
 chrisj () mr net    __/   www.onvoy.com  /