nanog mailing list archives

Re: Blech!

From: "Chris Adams" <chris () digitaria com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 11:16:55 -0800

On Sat, 12 Feb 2000 07:18:59 -0800, Randy Bush wrote:

it is a necessary evil that we settle this ourselves. because if we don't
take care of our own business, someone's going to step in and do it for
us, and we won't like it.

as the problem is quite technical, and the ingress filtering is a small
panacea not a fix, not bloody likely

While I agree that it's exceedingly unlikely that they'd actually solve the
problem, I've yet to see a politician who won't try to do *something*, even
if it would be ineffectual or counterproductive. A "Protection of E-Commerce"
bill is entirely too plausible - just imagine how many politicians would love
to run "I saved the Internet" ads during their next campaign.