nanog mailing list archives

Re: peering wars revisited? PSI vs Exodus

From: Gordon Cook <cook () cookreport com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 00:53:49 -0400

Majdi, please lets get something straight. I am a one person organization. I officially publish a 25 to 30 thousand word newsletter every month. I have done so since april 1992. I am my own boss and never denied that I am a bit of a curmudgeon who is not overly respectful of the powers that be.

so complaining won't change a thing

        If you were truly trying to cover this, in a journalistic
sense, why not talk to PSI, and ask them about it?

because I don't have the time to do so.... I have already enough interview material for my next two issues in various states of editing.....

I covered the BBN exodus spat of august sept 98 extensively, believe me I am not much interested in covering this one

Of late, they've
been promoting a supposedly open peering policy...what would make
a company that claims to peer with anyone that will drag a line to
them sever that connection, or did they?  I can think of all sorts
of obvious questions to be asking people in both places, and you
don't appear to have asked any of them.

Hey majdi, now that you know there is a problem .....*YOU* can ask them or so can members of the trade press who now at least KNOW about them because i made the information available here

        I think that many of us would have no problem with you
reporting the information, had you done so without leaking that
notice.  Reporting consists of a lot more than leaking confidential
information.

no kidding majdi, let's drop the ad hominum's ok and return the discussion to the operational status of the net?

        --msa

The COOK Report on Internet      Index to 8 years of the COOK  Report
431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA  http://cookreport.com
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax)             Battle for Cyberspace: How
cook () cookreport com                     Crucial Technical . . . - 392 pages
just published. See  http://cookreport.com/ipbattle.shtml