nanog mailing list archives

Re: Peering Table Question

From: bmanning () vacation karoshi com
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 09:02:21 -0700 (PDT)

I apologize if this question is not relevant to your discussions, but
Susan Harris, e-mail address srh () merit edu, suggested that I ask it
here...

The peering table that appears on the London Internet Exchange web site
www.linx.net/peering.html...... is this something that can be generated
 for different peering locations?  Also with this information would it
be
 possible to create a table that lists companies and the cities that
they
 are peering in?  Any insight would be of great help to me thank you.

Once again any advice on how or where to obtain this info would be of
great benefit to me. Thanks

Jeff Lentz

        In the few places I've participated in, this type of data
        is often considered confidential between parties. In some
        locations, like LINX, publication of this type of data is
        considered as part of the service. It really depends on the
        exchange operator and the participants at that exchange.

        That being said, there are a number of good efforts to debate
        discuss and publish data on this topic.  Ren (Onyx) and WBN
        (Equinix) are fairly active in this arena. In fact, I think WBN
        will be hosting yet another peering BOF/pannel at the next
        NANOG mtg.