nanog mailing list archives

Re: Internic doesn't care about valid contact information

From: Dean Robb <pceasy () norfolk infi net>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 22:48:47 -0500

At 23:36 3/4/99 -0500, Steven J. Sobol wrote:
On Thu, Mar 04, 1999 at 08:05:49PM -0800, mwinter () exodus net wrote:
Amazing.. I'll contact him. But the answer i got from Internic was the
don't care answer from below. I could not believe it and mailed them
again, asking them to confirm it and they confirmed it.
This is not about a single domain anyway.. I just came across this
specific one and wanted to know what the policy of Internic is if someone
points them to their own agreement and a domain which violates it.

Let me know if they do indeed delete the domain. Let all of us know.

PLEASE do.  I've been fighting this particular battle for almost two years
now, and *ONCE* got them to delete a bogus phone number.  Not the domain,
understand, just the phone number (martianconsulate.com...check for yourself).

I have gotten a very long list of *why* they won't delete the BS domains,
but unless they don't pay, they don't get deleted (and sometimes, not even
then!).

"Small minds can only contemplate small ideas".....Unknown

Dean Robb
Owner, PC-EASY
(757) 495-EASY [3279]
On-site computer repair, upgrades and consultations
Read my game reviews/columns in SimOps on WWW.TheGamers.Net