nanog mailing list archives

Re: more Internic nightmare

From: Rich Sena <ras () poppa thick net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 18:53:22 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, Randy Bush wrote:

if the above were true, and i believe that they are, what would the oh so
brilliant and deeply experienced in large scale production systems readers
of this list do to responsibly yet strongly inhibit such slimeful activity?

think about it seriously.  i suspect there are no easy answers.

Randy we've been there - done that - the only answer is PREPAY. That
cleans the slate - if you want to speculate it'll cost you...  The
abuse all stems from it being *FREE* to abuse the system - if it costs
something - even though you could still do it - it will correct itself -
cuz it will have a financial PENALTY to do so.

--
I am nothing if not net-Q! - ras () poppa thick net