nanog mailing list archives

Re: spam whore, norcal-systems.net

From: "Jeffrey F. Lawhorn" <jeffl () wanet net>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 08:52:05 -0800

In message <3.0.6.32.19990203222428.009013e0 () norfolk infi net>, Dean Robb said:
At 14:59 2/3/99 -0500, you wrote:

Privacy laws were passed that apply to Verio.  They apply to everyone.
They apply to you, too.  Smear all you want. It doesn't change that.

As has been said every time this issue is raised, if you are so sure that
the laws apply, why don't you call your local US Attorney and have charges
filed?  Think of it!  We'd all have to admit we were wrong and you were right!

Speaking of contacting the US Attorney, Mitch Dembin Assistant US Attorney
will be speaking on this very topic at the upcoming ISPF.  I invite anyone
that would like this question answered once and for all to go and hear his
session.

jeffl

--
Jeffrey F. Lawhorn                       |Internet Consulting, Custom
Software Design Associates, Inc.         |Connectivity Solutions, and

Insist on Quality! WANet.Net is an ISP/C Member - http://www.ispc.org/