nanog mailing list archives

Re: Packetshaper Replacement

From: jzeeff () verio net (Jon Zeeff)
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 08:00:15 -0500 (EST)

I'd like to see more products using ISL, allowing them to act as
virtual interfaces on a full blown router.  Ie, provide lots of
inexpensive interfaces but let routers handle the routing complexity.

Can anyone please relate their experiences using this
router in an e-bgp environment (# of full views, # of
peers, interoperability with cisco's, etc)?

Well, they don't have a high number of ports...mine is a single hssi,
single fe, so you're only dealing with a few views at most.  We've got a
full eBGP view from uu.net on it, as well as an iBGP peer with our cisco
taking our other connections.  It handles it quite well...never seems to
have broken a sweat CPU-wise that I can tell.

does xedia have all the bgp knobs such as communities, filtering, route-map
like functions, and all?

-brett