nanog mailing list archives

IGPs in use

From: "Andre' Zehl" <zehl () berkom de>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 21:22:24 +0200

Is there an overview on what the dominantly used interior routing protocols are percentagewise in large AS backbones
(IBGP, OSPF, IGRP, EIGRP, IS-IS, any?). I don't want to start religous wars on what's the best protocol, I'm rather
interested if there is an overview available on the facts of protocols used. Is there an "objective"
(vendor-independent) feature-based overview on the compared advantages/disadvantages (especially regarding
redistribution) of the various protocols that goes with those numbers?

Andre'

zehl () berkom de