nanog mailing list archives

Re: IRR/RADB updates vs. ANS?

From: jprovo () ma ultranet com
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 07:18:43 -0500 (EST)

[snip]
I've got a number of other nets to be moved shortly, so I'd really like
to be clear on how this works. It appears that very few nets rely on the
data in the RADB, or take updated data from the RADB in near-real-time
fashion.
When last I dealt with this matter (96), ANS happily listens to
minor IRR policy stuff in a timely (hours?) fashion, but still
manually configured what they considered a "move" from AS to AS.
They appeared -at that time- to consider adding sessions to an AS
with which they have direct sessions a "move" and updating the
IRR was insufficeint.  I had hoped that went away with "advisory"
lines.

Maybe someone at ANS would like to comment about the current
implementation?

Cheers,
--
Joe Provo, Network Architect                         508.229.8400 x3006
Commercial Internet Services Group                   Fax   508.229.2375