nanog mailing list archives

Re: RA/RV Feeds from RBN

From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra () scfn thpl lib fl us>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 09:10:15 -0500

On Thu, Feb 12, 1998 at 03:47:13AM -0500, Jake Khuon wrote:
Now, I believe that vat, rat, vic, and sd(r) are all available for every
major platform and every major OS out there (someone correct me on this if
I'm wrong) plus the source code is freely available.  However, I suppose
those without an mbone tunnel would lose out just as well.  Good thing I
could get a "live feed" since I was actually at the meeting. |8^)

The right answer, of course, is to run _both_ sorts of feeds.  Those who
can, can Do The Right Thing, and use the Mbone tools, those who must --
or for some reason, would _prefer_ to, could use the RV stuff.

Has someone collected the Mbone tools for all platforms, and set up a
web page?  Bill?

CHeers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                jra () baylink com
The Suncoast Freenet      "Two words: Darth Doogie."  -- Jason Colby,

Managing Editor, Top Of The Key sports e-zine ------------ http://www.totk.com