nanog mailing list archives

Re: Spam Control Considered Harmful

From: NetSurfer <netsurf () pixi com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 15:09:57 -1000 (HST)

On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, Greg A. Woods wrote:

However if you offer cheap dial-up accounts that can be opened either
immediately, perhaps with a credit card number, then you've got no real
way to establish *any* level of trust with your new customers and indeed
the only way you can enforce your AUP is by technical means.  I.e. if

If your contract with them states that you will charge their credit card
$500 for spamming and they agree to the contract, I'll bet they won't spam
from the account.  All of a sudden the account is not "throw away"

-
James D. Wilson
netsurf () pixi com