nanog mailing list archives

Re: NAP Architecture

From: Bill Manning <bmanning () ISI EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 22:13:35 -0800 (PST)

Bill,

No-one said any of that was free. But on the other hand, the $2,000 a
month Rack fee covers a lot. As well as the required $2,500 a month port
fee on the Gigaswitch. There's always a middle ground... which is all
we're saying. At the moment the pendelum is at the 'other' end. Would be
nice if it was in the middle. Sort of like your side of MAE LA.

True.  What that does do is leave a big hole in the wallet when your
space gets exausted...  We'd like to expand, but the reserves are a bit
on the low side (does covering expenses also cover major expansion not
in the original plan?? :) at least for the moment.  Our end of the LA
exchange is near capacity and we may have to close for a bit.

--bill