nanog mailing list archives

Re: MCI Accepts Worldcom's Bid? ; charset=us-ascii

From: Wayne <wayne () domain net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 22:05:26 -0800

At 6:34 PM -0800 11/10/97, Gary E. Miller wrote:
Yo Al!

On Mon, 10 Nov 1997, Al Roethlisberger wrote:

Given WorldCom's past integration history with the UUNet, along with their
earlier offshoots like Gridnet; I would tend to agree that they will keep
these companies functionaly disparate at least for the near future.

I got quotes for a T1 about 2 months ago.  MFS would only quote the telco
portion if they also got the ISP portion...

Believe it, WorldCom is starting to merge their divisions.  At least
here in Silicon Valley.

Just two months ago I ordered from MFS/Worldcom a 26 mile point-point T-1
to connect our main sales/development office in San Francisco to our
equipment at the PAIX. No mention was ever made of bundling internet access
with it, and in fact I ordered it via a salesperson down in the San Jose
office. The price was very competitive -- in fact, it was exactly half what
Pac Bell quoted me.

If you need the name of a Worldcom sales person in San Jost that does not
suck, please email me and I'll give you her info.

--
Wayne D. Correia        Critical Path Inc.       tel: +1-415-543-2800
CTO                     320 First Street         fax: +1-415-543-2830