nanog mailing list archives

Re: Keynote/Boardwatch Internet Backbone Index A better test!!!

From: "Jack Rickard" <jack.rickard () boardwatch com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 09:50:43 -0600

It's not embarrassing to me Randy.  I'm in my element and having a ball. I
haven't heard this much screeching in months. Go girlfriend.

Jack Rickard

----------
From: Randy Bush <randy () psg com>
To: Jack Rickard <jack.rickard () boardwatch com>
Cc: nanog () merit edu
Subject: Re: Keynote/Boardwatch Internet Backbone Index  A better test!!!
Date: Saturday, June 28, 1997 12:00 AM

I want to measure the response of each ISP's marketing department.  So
will send a certified letter to their office of record in Deleware,
and
report how long before I get the receipt back.  Maybe I well do this
for
30 letters to get better data.
I'm with you to a point.  But NONE of the measurements were taken from
Jack's house.

So send the registered letters from 50 places.  Same basic conceptual
error.
You are not measuring anything like what you claim.

But you seem not to want to hear this, so I will plonk this whole
embarrassing (to you) thread.  Bye now.

randy