nanog mailing list archives

Re: NSP ... New Information

From: Larry Vaden <vaden () texoma net>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 11:11:30 -0500

At 08:44 AM 6/9/97 PDT, Randy Bush wrote:

This is the network *operator* list, not a science fiction club.

Larry, your agenda is obvious and you are in a long line of folk playing
this sad game.  We all wish otherwise, but the fact of the matter is that
it does not work.  Sorry.

Can we get back to work now?

For the record, my agenda is working to provide equal access to the
Internet on a level playing field for rural north Texas, including the
public, K12, libraries as well as hospitals.  This is not science fiction,
although it might make a good nightmare for some if pushed to scale.

The "how to do without a /19" question remains unanswered.  Once again, I
ask you to point to extant URLs which you refer to that offer a solution
offering diversity and redundancy other than a fully routable and portable
/19.

I thank you in advance for doing so and appreciate your time and that of
others.

Larry Vaden, founder and CEO               help-desk 903-813-4500
Internet Texoma, Inc. <http://www.texoma.net> direct 903-870-0365
bringing the real Internet to rural Texomaland   fax 903-868-8551
Member ISP/C, TISPA and USIPA                  pager 903-867-6571