nanog mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft Registered Domains

From: Mark Borchers <markb () infi net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 19:42:26 -0400 (EDT)

We recently had a downstream customer of ours tell his customer
that it was okay to use our nameservers as his secondary for
his domains.  About 60 of them.

The InterNIC appears to have no clear policy on removing the NS
records that point to an unwilling DNS server.  At one time I
actually sent a message off to questions(?)@internic.net on this
issue, but never received a response.

Our solution was to provide empty DNS records to prevent lame
delegation problems.

This discussion has taken place before.  I believe the most creative
solution was submitted by a DNS administrator who simply pointed
"www" in the unwelcome domain to some disreputable site.

Now, shouldn't this discussion be taken to some *other* place?