nanog mailing list archives

Kaspia E-mail to the group

From: "William B. Norton" <wbn () merit edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 12:39:25 -0400

Hi all -

Here is an apology from Kaspia for the e-mail sent to the individuals on
the nanog mailing list.  It appears to have been an unintentional error.

Bill

To all NANOG members who attended the NANOG confererence in Florida last
month:

It has been brought to my attention that Kaspia Systems has sent an
unsolicited email to many of you who did not attend our reception at the
show in Florida.  I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for
this breach of internet protocol, and to assure you that it was a case not
knowing the rules vs. willfull violation of the rules.

I was lead to believe that we were sending a personal email to the 40 or so
of you that attended our reception, an action I approved.  What actually
happened was that our telemarketing group apparently decided that if 40 was
good, 400 must be great, and proceeded to email everyone on the NANOG list,
one at a time.  This action I do not approve of, nor does Kaspia Systems
believe that unsolicited email is a proper use of the internet.

Please accept my apologies on behalf of Kaspia Systems and be assured that
this will not happen again.

Jeff Erwin
President & CEO
Kaspia Systems