nanog mailing list archives

Re: Info on MAE-EAST

From: JDF <lart () cais net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 10:21:08 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 14 Jan 1997, Stephen Balbach wrote:

There are lots of 7513's so I doubt a 7507 would be a problem - the only
restriction on equipment is no computers on the MAE EAST LAN for security
reasons. Given the ability to bridge MAE EAST I'm not sure how that can be
enforced. And Netscape has some mighty big SGI's promintently displayed as
you walk in.

        Last I'd heard, Netscape's boxen were plugged into a router (not
sure whose these days.)  There's also somebody there with an OS/2 machine,
but I have no idea who or why, or where it's plugged in.

Oh and another restrictiuon should you ever need it -- to run a $5 piece
of ethernet cable 10' from one rack to another (assuming the two racks
are diffrent companies eg. a cross connect) is $2000/month.

        Wow.  I knew it was gonna be a lot, but that's a /whole/ lot.

--
J.D. Falk, System Administrator                        <lart () cais net>
CAIS Internet                                           <noc () cais net>