nanog mailing list archives

Re: BBN (GTE) Suffers another major power problem.

From: Christopher Masto <chris () netmonger net>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 14:49:53 -0400

On Fri, Aug 08, 1997 at 02:15:35PM +0000, Nathan Stratton wrote:
I do not agree at all, the question is what do you want to PAY to keep up.
When we started we just provided generator feed just of our gear. After we
lost power for +12 hours and our AIR units were off we learned that
everything must be on generator. They make LARGE generators, we have a
750KVA in Atlanta, and are installing a 1000KVA in Chicago. It can be
done, just not cheep.

Before this gets too out-of-hand, let me just say "forget what I said
before".  It doesn't apply to BBN.  Yes, they should have had adequate
backup power.  A clear case of posting before waking up on my part.
--
= Christopher Masto        = chris () netmonger net = http://www.netmonger.net/  =
= NetMonger Communications = finger for  PGP key = $19.95/mo unlimited access =

v---(cut here)---v
    --
    yourname () some dumb host com
    "Keep in mind that anything Kibo says makes a great sig."  -- Kibo