nanog mailing list archives

Re: Ascend GRF400

From: "Neil J. McRae" <neil () domino org>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 09:06:36 +0100 (BST)

At 11:48 4/22/97 -0400, Deepak Jain wrote:

We have been trying to get decent units from Ascend.

Everything we get from them has some kind of hardware problem (ethernet
wise) that flakes out after about 7 days uptime.

Email me if you want more specifics.

Unfortunately, that's not suprising from Ascend.

Uhh, I've never had any hardware problems with Ascend and I've been using
their kit for about 3 years now. The only time I had a dead box was because
of a power overload and Ascend shipped me one out from Calif to the UK
within the week.  Maybe what you're connecting to the Ascend is borked?

Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae - Alive and Kicking.                            D O M I N O
neil () DOMINO ORG       NetBSD/sparc - 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)