nanog mailing list archives

Re: The Cidr Report

From: bmanning () isi edu (Bill Manning)
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 10:17:01 -0800 (PST)

   Hey, this looks pretty good. Let's hope the trend continues (if, in fact,
   there *is* a trend).

   >Date      Prefixes
   >231196    40687
   >241196    40908
   >251196    40844
   >261196    41043
   >271196    41074
   >281196    39803
   >291196    39735

I suspect that this is more due to the holiday than any real change.  ;-(

Someone could do a paper on periodic influences on the number of global
prefixes.  I'd really love to know when triple-witching day is... ;-)

Tony

        It may only be a trend as seen from the xara.net boxen.

        This is what I see from this neck of the woods:

sandbox>sh ip bgp sum
BGP table version is 311040, main routing table version 311040
41429 network entries (126264/162202 paths) using 9935800 bytes of memory
10181 BGP path attribute entries using 1129596 bytes of memory
0 BGP route-map cache entries using 0 bytes of memory
5355 BGP filter-list cache entries using 85680 bytes of memory
Dampening enabled. 780 history paths, 63 dampened paths

--
--bill