nanog mailing list archives

Re: Bob Metcalfe

From: Edward Henigin <ed () texas net>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 1996 14:59:06 -0600 (CST)

        Agreed, to some extent.  Mr. Metcalfe put his foot in his mouth
a couple of times with gross mis-statements, and would not back off.
Instead of listening to the practicing professionals, he threw his
legacy weight around.  His contributions to the list may be wonderful,
but he has to get off of his high horse, first.  Contrary to what it
seems like he thought, he will not set the tone here.  Instead, he has
to listen to our tone, get into the groove, and work *with* us instead
of *against* us.

        ed (probably one of the youngest here)