nanog mailing list archives

Re: 20402 routing entries

From: hoodr () netcom com (Robert Hood)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 1994 13:42:37 PDT

Robert Hood writes:
I tried.  They told me that the forms and policy for removing more
specific routes were not in place yet, and that there would be an announcement
about it in a week or so.  (I tried to remove 150 routes).  I've got
a few hundred more to do next week.

Why dont you just stop announcing them ?

I did, but BGP didn't want to let them go (the other end never
recieved a network unreachable event).  I tried finding a way to
remove the routes without reseting the BGP link, but couldn't, so I
just reset the links.  I hate doing that.

Can we change the subject to 20252 routes now? :)

BTW:  I just sent another set of CIDR NACRs to Merit.  I hope to remove
another ~350 routes by the end of next week.

--
    Robert Hood             hoodr () netcom com                1-408-983-1510
 System/Network Administrator for NETCOM On-line Communications Services, Inc.