Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Meterpreter not exiting

From: Carlos Perez <carlos_perez () darkoperator com>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 16:34:50 -0400

That is to be expected, have you tried changing in the exitfunc option?

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 16, 2013, at 4:13 PM, Brian Seel <brian.seel () gmail com> wrote:

I have been doing some testing with Meterpreter recently (building an extension), and I noticed that I ended up with
a bunch of running meterpreter payloads in the process list. I checked if I had any open sessions, and I did not. I
had been closing my sessions with the exit command, so I looked at the code for that in the source/client. That
simply calls exit(0)... which seems like it would just exit the client of meterpreter, but not the meterpreter server
running remotely (which is what I am seeing).

First off, am I doing something wrong? Second, is this behavior by design?