Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Managing Virtual Box with Metasploit

From: Hauke Mehrtens <hauke () hauke-m de>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 15:34:11 +0100

Thank you for applying and improving the patch with Virtual Box support.

Today I tested the Virtual Box support and had some problems with it.
I attached an other patch with some fixes and improvements.

The method filter_input() in vm_driver.rb returned nil every time or
raised an exception, but it should return the string in a success case.

The location was changed to an array while loading a Virtual Box VM. The
first string in this array should be taken.

I added the command lab_load_config which loads all VMs from the Virtual
Box configuration. This is only implemented for Virtual Box for now.

The running_list() method in virtualbox_controller.rb is simplified now.
The old version had a problem in parsing, which is fixed now. Virtual
Box version 3.2.X adds a header of 4 lines on top of the vm list from
"VBoxManage list vms" but version 4.0 does not add any header lines. Now
it just looks for "\"some name\" {uuid}", which will work in both cases.

I moved the get_vm_* methods from the virtualbox_driver.rb to the
virtualbox_controller.rb, because some of them are also needed in the
controller. They are also simplified like running_list().

Hauke