Metasploit mailing list archives

LNK Exploit Export

From: Florian Roth <Neo.X () web de>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 21:47:32 +0200

Hi!

I played with the LNK exploit
(windows/browser/ms10_xxx_windows_shell_lnk_execute) and would like to
know a way to make it usable in a standalone version.

I noticed that every time I copied the generated DLL and LNK file to a
different directory, the exploit does not work anymore. So I suppose
that the code is bound to a fixed path where the DLL has to be located.

I'd like to send the exploit to a friend who wants to demonstrate the
impact to the rest of the IT staff.
Is there a possibility to export the exploit or change the absolute path
to the DLL so he is able to put the LNK and DLL to i.e. "C:\" ??

Thanks for your work! Great project!

--
Florian