Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Autopwn vs. manual

From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 20:55:11 -0600

From: HD Moore <hdm () metasploit com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 21:45:05 -0500
To: <framework () spool metasploit com>
Subject: Re: [framework] Autopwn vs. manual

On 3/24/2010 6:42 PM, James Lay wrote:
Hey all.

So...with autopwn ­p ­t ­e ­r I can¹t exploit ms08_067.  But when I
manually do it with setting the payload and RHOST and the like it works.
 Is there something I¹m missing or not doing?  Thanks for any help.

Does port 445 show as open? Is it launching this exploit against the
target? Are you setting the TARGET variable manually?

-HD

Here's what I'm doing:

Db_create /tmp/bleh.db
Db_nmap -v -sV 10.20.187.71
Db_autopwn -p -t -e -r

That's pretty much it...it finds everything and away it goes, but when it's
done I get zero sessions.  Am I doing something wrong?  Also yes..445 is
open because if I manually choose ms08_067, set all the options, then
exploit it works like a champ.  Thanks.

James