Metasploit mailing list archives

Listeners that hijacking exisiting listen ports

From: Konrads Smelkovs <konrads () smelkovs com>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 17:23:28 +0200

Hello,

This is just a quick idea I came up with and I wonder if it is implementable
at all.
Sometimes, when exploiting vulnerabilities in DMZ systems it will be
difficult or impossible to get remote shell, because firewall will filter
incoming and outgoing connections. Would it be possible to hijack the
listening socket through which exploit arrived to a specially crafted code,
which would listen to that socket instead and if first 10 bytes are magic
string, then it spawns a shell, if not, then passess the traffic back to
original socket?
--
Konrads Smelkovs
Applied IT sorcery.